In 1903, eight separate and independent school districts voted for consolidation. The districts included Bennington, Central, Chapel, Lane, Parkview, Spring Valley, Stormy Point and Raytown.
This consolidation was the beginning of what is now known as the Raytown C-2 School District. Upon consolidation, a combination elementary school and high school was erected in 1914 at 9900 East 63rd St.
The first version of Raytown High School was built in 1927. To date, four large additions have been added to the building.
Chapel Elementary School was located on a site that had been used for school purposes since about 1851. A one-room frame building replaced a log cabin school in 1903. A new frame building was built in 1921 and an addition was completed in 1928. This building was destroyed by fire in 1939. A brick building was completed in 1940 and had three additions. The building was closed in 1981 and sold.
In October of 1948, the first elementary school in a long series of new buildings was opened. Blue Ridge Elementary School contained grades one through five and grade six continued their classes at the old building (which is no longer in existence). The following schools have since been added: