Dr. Andrea Mixon, Director
Raytown Quality Schools' state-assisted Challenge program is designed to meet the needs of academically gifted children in kindergarten through sixth grade.
Elementary Program (K-5)
The elementary program consists of three components:
- Weekly pullout component in which the children travel to the Challenge Center one day a week to work with other gifted children and the Challenge teachers.
- Reach-out component in which Challenge teachers work with gifted students and classroom teachers in regular schools.
- Resource component in which the Challenge teachers provide support, training, and materials to classroom teachers.
Elementary Challenge Teachers are Jennifer Blank, Debra Hatton, Megan Kensinger.
Contact Phone: 816-268-7292
Contact email: email@example.com
Challenge parents can access course content by logging on to their child's account on Moodle. Please click the Moodle icon above for more information.
Middle School Program (6)
Students enrolled in the middle school program:
- Attend a regular Challenge class in their school to work with other gifted children.
- Challenge teachers work with students one class period daily.
- These students receive a letter grade for their work in Challenge class.
Middle School Challenge Teachers are Susan Miles and Vicki Ukleya
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Advance courses are available for 7th and 8th grade students who qualify.
Characteristics of a Gifted Student