Need Help? Here are some popular links!
Students in the vocal music programs at Raytown High School were selected for all-district choirs.
Middle school students from around the District were selected to represent the District in the All-District Middle School Honorable Mention Orchestra.
Several high school and middle school students around the district were selected for the All-District Band, All-District Jazz Band, Honorable Mention All-District Band, All-District Full Orchestra, and All-District String Orchestra.
Raytown High School’s Departments of Music and Theatre will present Working. The show will run Nov. 15-17 at 7 p.m. in the Raytown High School Auditorium.
On the Spot
Raytown Night at the KC Mavericks
In partnership with the Raytown Educational Foundation and the Raytown School District, the Raytown Area Chamber of Commerce will host Raytown Night at the Mavericks on Saturday, February 23, 2018, at 7:05 p.m. The night will serve as a fundraiser for the Raytown Educational Foundation and the Raytown Chamber of Commerce. The last day to purchase tickets will be Saturday, February 20. For more information about purchasing your tickets, call the Raytown Chamber of Commerce Office at (816) 353-8500. Tickets can also be purchased online, click here.
Inclement Weather Information
The Raytown C-2 School District offers a variety of ways to learn about school closings due to inclement weather. After the decision to close school is made, the district will communicate in the following ways:
- A recorded telephone call will go to the all students’ primary contact number as well as staff members through the Blackboard Mass Notification service. Families are encouraged to make sure their phone numbers are accurate and to notify their student’s school if contact information has changed.
- Snow days are shared via Raytown C-2 School District social media, including Facebook, found by searching for “Raytown C-2 School District,” and on Twitter, found by searching @RaytownSchools.
- Information is shared in the district’s electronic newsletter. To subscribe, please visit https://www.raytownschools.org/Page/1434.
- The information is posted on the district’s website at www.raytownschools.org.
- School closings are included on the district’s information telephone line at (816) 268-7001.
- Push notifications are sent to the district’s mobile app. In the Apple App Store or in Google Play Store, search “Raytown School District” to download the app.
- Local media are provided information about school closings. Listen or watch for “Raytown C-2 School District” or “Raytown Schools.”
For information about Missouri requirements for make-up days related to inclement weather (snow days), please visit the following Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education webpage at https://dese.mo.gov/financial-admin-services/school-governance/school-calendar.
Baby Jays Learning Center
The Baby Jays Quality Learning Center hosted by Raytown High School Advanced Child Development program is enrolling children ages 3-5 for classes starting mid February 2019. Classes are Mondays and Thursdays from 7:30 a.m.-9:50 a.m. For more information please contact Rochelle Netten at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can view the flyer below.
Caring for Kids KC
The District is in its fourth year partnering with Caring for Kids KC, a local nonprofit dedicated to to mobilizing community organizations in partnership with schools to inspire hope and help prepare children to impact their world. For more information about Caring for Kids KC, please check out the Caring for Kids KC Video.
After School Meal Program Secondary Expansion
Beginning, October 1, 2018, the Raytown School District’s Food Service Department will expand the After School Meal program, under the Health and Senior Services Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), to all students in grades 6-12. At dismissal, students will be able to grab a meal as they head home for the day. Students can grab their meal near main exits as well as the cafeteria. In the past, the After School Meal program was only available to students in after school enrichment programs, sports, and clubs. Expansion of the program will help the District fill the gap in time between meals for students by providing nutritional meals after school. The District hopes to expand this program to elementary students in the future. Meals include a sandwich, fruit, vegetable, and milk. After school meal program menus are available, here. For more information about the program, view the flyer.
We recognize that creating a safe learning environment is a critical part of helping each child achieve academic success. This year, we will introduce Sprigeo, a new online system that parents, guardians, and students can use to report bullying incidents and school safety threats. Sprigeo will give our stakeholders another medium for communicating with our school administration when bullying or school safety incidents occur. All information sent through the Sprigeo system goes directly to school administrators through a secure online connection. For more information about Sprigeo, please click here. Para obtener más información sobre Sprigeo, haga clic aquí. Links are now live under the PARENTS and STUDENTS tabs at the top right of the district homepage or to submit a tip, please click here.