Need Help? Here are some popular links!
The Raytown School District will be recognized as one of the Healthiest Employers in Kansas City by the Kansas City Business Journal. The District was named as one of five honorees in the 500-1499 employee category.
Several student-athletes from Raytown South High School earned postseason honors in the sports of football, soccer, softball, and volleyball.
Several student athletes from Raytown High School earned post season honors in the sports of football and soccer.
On the Spot
No After-school Math Tutoring/Meal Program Tuesday
After school math tutoring and meal programs are canceled for Tuesday, January 16, 2018. All elementary school evening activities are canceled. Middle School and High School athletic evening activities will run as scheduled.
Raytown Success Academy - Open House
Raytown Success Academy will hold an open house from 6-7:30 p.m. on Jan. 25. Parents and members of the community are invited to tour the school’s new location, 9020 E. 51 Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64133.
Inclement Weather Information
The Raytown C-2 School District offers a variety of ways to learn about school closings due to inclement weather. After the decision to close school is made, the district will communicate in the following ways:
- A recorded telephone call will go to the all students’ primary contact number as well as staff members through the Blackboard Mass Notification service. Families are encouraged to make sure their phone numbers are accurate and to notify their student’s school if contact information has changed.
- Snow days are shared via Raytown C-2 School District social media, including Facebook, found by searching for “Raytown C-2 School District,” and on Twitter, found by searching @RaytownSchools.
- Information is shared in the district’s electronic newsletter. To subscribe, please visit https://www.raytownschools.org/Page/1434.
- The information is posted on the district’s website at www.raytownschools.org.
- School closings are included on the district’s information telephone line at (816) 268-7001.
- Push notifications are sent to the district’s mobile app. In the Apple App Store or in Google Play Store, search “Raytown School District” to download the app.
- Local media are provided information about school closings. Listen or watch for “Raytown C-2 School District” or “Raytown Schools.”
For information about Missouri requirements for make-up days related to inclement weather (snow days), please visit the following Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education webpage at https://dese.mo.gov/financial-admin-services/school-governance/school-calendar.
Parent Engaged is a free, year-round information series, designed to provide parents with access to resources and information they need to help their students excel both inside and outside of the classroom. The next session, Get Involved: Volunteer Services and Field Trip Reminders, will be Tuesday, Jan. 23 at 6 p.m. in the Community Room of the Raytown Schools Wellness Center. Refreshments will be served and students are welcome.
Those interested can get more information or sign-up for a session, by contacting the Raytown Community Education Office at 816-268-7041.Sessions will feature a variety of topics, for a complete list, check out the Community Education brochure, at https://www.raytownschools.org/Page/1442.
Job Olympics fundraiser
Students and staff from Raytown High, Raytown South High, and Northwood School will host a special fundraiser on Jan. 30 from 5-8 p.m. at the Culver's in Independence, located at 4220 S Little Blue Parkway. Culver’s will donate 10% of all sales to help cover entry fee costs for the Job Olympics, an event for students in functional programs, to participate in skills competitions that are relevant to potential jobs in our area. For more information, view the flyer.