Need Help? Here are some popular links!
The Herndon Career Center Culinary team recently took first place out of 10 teams at the Wysong Hospitality Culinary Academy Regional Student Culinary Competition held at the Johnson County Community College Hospitality Academy Competition.
Raytown South High Student Cara Bray-Howard has been selected as a KC Storyteller Scholar.
On the Spot
PTA Council Unit Meeting
The Raytown PTA Council will host a special "Meet the Candidates" Unit Meeting on Tuesday, February 26 at 6:00 p.m. at Raytown Central Middle School. The public is invited to learn about the upcoming Strong Bonds, Bright Futures school bond issue, hear from school board election candidates, and hear a quick update from the PTA Council. Bond and school board elections will take place on Tuesday, April 2, 2019. The last day to register to vote is Wednesday, March 6.
2018-2019 Academic Calendar
On Friday, April 19, 2019, the District will be in session to make up one of our snow days. Barring any additional snow days, the last day of school for students will be Friday, May 24, 2019.
Full-day preschool offered for the 2019-2020 School Year
Full-day preschool offered for the 2019-2020 School YearThe Raytown School District will offer full-day preschool to all 4-year-olds in the District's attendance boundaries. If your child turns four on or before July 31, 2019, you can apply for one of 100 preschool seats! For more information, please check out the preschool flyer (folleto preescolar).
Raytown Night at the KC Mavericks
In partnership with the Raytown Educational Foundation and the Raytown School District, the Raytown Area Chamber of Commerce will host Raytown Night at the Mavericks on Saturday, February 23, 2018, at 7:05 p.m. The night will serve as a fundraiser for the Raytown Educational Foundation and the Raytown Chamber of Commerce. The last day to purchase tickets will be Saturday, February 20. For more information about purchasing your tickets, call the Raytown Chamber of Commerce Office at (816) 353-8500. Tickets can also be purchased online, click here.
Inclement Weather Information
The Raytown C-2 School District offers a variety of ways to learn about school closings due to inclement weather. After the decision to close school is made, the district will communicate in the following ways:
- A recorded telephone call will go to the all students’ primary contact number as well as staff members through the Blackboard Mass Notification service. Families are encouraged to make sure their phone numbers are accurate and to notify their student’s school if contact information has changed.
- Snow days are shared via Raytown C-2 School District social media, including Facebook, found by searching for “Raytown C-2 School District,” and on Twitter, found by searching @RaytownSchools.
- Information is shared in the district’s electronic newsletter. To subscribe, please visit https://www.raytownschools.org/Page/1434.
- The information is posted on the district’s website at www.raytownschools.org.
- School closings are included on the district’s information telephone line at (816) 268-7001.
- Push notifications are sent to the district’s mobile app. In the Apple App Store or in Google Play Store, search “Raytown School District” to download the app.
- Local media are provided information about school closings. Listen or watch for “Raytown C-2 School District” or “Raytown Schools.”
For information about Missouri requirements for make-up days related to inclement weather (snow days), please visit the following Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education webpage at https://dese.mo.gov/financial-admin-services/school-governance/school-calendar.