RQS Update: Changes to Mandates and Recommendations
After May 28, 2021:
- Masking will be optional for all students and staff with the exception of on the school bus (or district-provided/public transportation) as this is still required by the Jackson County Health Department.
- All students and staff will be required to wear a mask on school buses (or district-provided transportation), regardless of vaccination status.
- Social distancing will no longer be required.
- Quarantine is still required by local health authorities. If anyone is identified as positive for COVID-19, then depending on the activity, duration, and location, those who are unvaccinated and identified as close contacts will be required to quarantine for 14 days from the day of last exposure. Fully vaccinated individuals are only required to quarantine after exposure if they develop symptoms. If asymptomatic, proof of being fully vaccinated is required to ensure you do not need to quarantine after exposure.
Additional links and resources
- For more information about the Kansas City Emergency Order, please visit https://www.kcmo.gov/city-hall/departments/health/coronavirus-covid-19-kcmo-information-and-response/reopen
- For more information about the Jackson County health order, please visit https://www.jacksongov.org/1199/Jackson-County-COVID
- For CDC Guidance for Fully Vaccinated individuals, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html
We encourage families to ensure students have access to the internet at home. Some internet providers are offering free, low or reduced cost programs and resources for families. Please follow the links below for more information.