RayFriends are volunteers who commit a minimum of thirty minutes per week (and are welcomed to do more) in one of the following areas:
- Raytown Readers: volunteer works on reading skills with one or two elementary school children using materials provided by the teacher.
- Terrific Tutors: volunteer works with individual students or a small group of students in a subject area selected by the teacher and volunteer.
- Homework Helpers: volunteer assists a student grades 3-12 with organization and completion of assignments.
- Story Tellers: volunteer reads a book to a k-3 class or presents a story to the class. Materials are selected by the teacher and volunteer.
- Mentor: volunteer provides friendship, support, and a listening ear of a student grades 4-12.