Raytown C-2 School District is preparing to welcome back students PK-5 on Monday, October 26.
Based on recommendations from local health authorities and the input of our students, families and staff, the Raytown Board of Education has voted on the following methods of teaching our students, starting October 26th.
- Preschool and Elementary will return to in person instruction (for those who select in person instruction) every day on a normal schedule starting October 26th
- Herndon will return at their normal times: 7:40-10:10 and 11:30-2:10 on a 50% schedule on October 26th with students coming twice a week
- Secondary (middle and high school) will remain virtual for the rest of first semester. First semester ends January 15, 2021.
- RSA elementary will return to in person instruction (for those who select in person instruction) every day starting October 26th on their normal schedule: 7:10-2:10. RSA secondary students will remain virtual for the rest of the semester. First semester ends January 15, 2021.
- Please contact your student’s principal if you have any questions about this process.
- You can find more information about Virtual Learning and coursework options at https://bit.ly/3i4O6S7.
- Elementary Schools Start/End Times for virtual and in person school:
Early Start/End 8:30-3:35
Late Star/End 9:05-4:10
Blue Ridge Elementary
Laurel Hills Elementary
Eastwood Hills Elementary
Little Blue Elementary
Spring Valley Elementary
You can find more information about learning opportunities for Fall 2020, including an updated draft of the RQS Reopening Reference guide at https://bit.ly/32GnvWI.
As you further consider your options for the rest of the year, we encourage you to read through the District’s reopening plan for the 2020-2021 school year and provide constructive feedback, questions, and concerns. Stakeholder feedback is a vital part of this process and the District greatly encourages and appreciates your participation.
RQS Update: KCMO Safer at Home Announcement (Nov. 16)
RQS Update (Email) - October 25 - Contact/Immunizations
Information for in-person families - October 23, 2020
RQS Update (Email) - October 21, 2020
RQS secondary virtual for the remainder of first semester
Raytown CARES Act Small Business Grant and Individual Assistance Programs
Fall 2020 Meal Distribution
COVID-19 Flow Chart
July 21 Email: FAQ Is Live
Residency & Enrollment
We encourage families to ensure students have access to the internet at home, should the District close for an extended period of time. Some internet providers are offering free, low or reduced cost programs and resources for families. Please follow the links below for more information.