Jackson County, MO - Public Health Order:
Jackson County Executive Frank White issued a new public health order, effective at 12:01 a.m. Monday, August 9.
What the health order requires...
- An individual in an indoor place of public accommodation must properly wear a face covering or mask. These spaces include, but are not limited to, grocery and retail stores, special events, and public transit, but do not include private dwellings or private transportation vehicles.
- The only exceptions to this requirement are:
- Minors below the age of 5; and
- Persons who have disabilities where face coverings or masks constitute a substantial impairment to their health and well-being based upon medical, behavioral or legal direction; and
- Persons in a restaurant or tavern actively consuming food or drink; and
- Persons obtaining a service involving the nose or face when temporary removal of the face covering or mask is necessary to perform the service; and
- Persons who are alone in a separate room or office
Beginning August 9, 2021, the Raytown C-2 School District will follow the Jackson County, MO - Public Health Order district-wide as written. For more information related to the District’s Safe Return to In-person Learning and Continuity of Services, please visit https://www.raytownschools.org/domain/1875. Please note: this plan is likely to change as more information becomes available and as we continue to follow the latest guidance of public health officials. We will notify you when we update our plans.
Additional links and resources
- For more information about the Jackson County Health Department health order, please visit https://bit.ly/3AiNod0.
- For CDC Guidance for Fully Vaccinated Individuals (updated), please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html
We encourage families to ensure students have access to the internet at home. Some internet providers are offering free, low or reduced cost programs and resources for families. Please follow the links below for more information.