2022-23 Annual District Awards Winners
Congratulations to the two outstanding and exemplary employees, Teacher of the Year, Michaela Whitmore and Support Staff Employee of the Year, Amy Guinn.
Teacher of the Year, Michaela Whitmore
The 2022-23 Teacher of the Year is Fleetridge Elementary Kindergarten Teacher, Michaela Whitmore. Michaela has been with the district for five years.
Michaela is described as a leader in the building that desires to make everything and anything encouraging and positive.
Michaela is an educator who believes it is important for students to see themselves in the classroom and that means making the classroom a place that everyone feels represented and heard. She says “everyone in my class should see themselves in everything we do, in everything we celebrate, and in everything we learn.”
Michaela is someone who possesses all the qualities of an effective teacher yet is continually striving to improve. She is always incorporating new techniques and ideas into her lessons.
She continues to help shape her school by assisting the educators around her and by exemplifying just how influential a teacher can be in the lives of his students.
Support Staff Employee of the Year, Amy Guinn
The 2022-23 Support Staff Employee of the Year is Raytown Central Middle School Social Worker Amy Guinn. She has been with the district for three years. In her time with RQS, she has made a tremendous impact at her school, and for her students.
Her colleagues describe her as a person who speaks about her job with such joy that it makes those listening want to hear more and more. She is known at her school, and throughout the district, as a loving, positive, and generous person, with a true passion for helping the students she serves.
Her commitment to Raytown students is unmatched. She aims to love everyone who walks through the doors, to let them know that they are valued and cared for.
2022-23 Building TOY
- Courtney Stratton, Blue Ridge Elementary
- Amber Nieznajko-Frankenfield, Eastwood Elementary
- Michaela Whitmore, Fleetridge Elementary
- Brock Martin, Herndon Career Center
- Rachel Soliday, Lauren Hills Elementary
- Kaysie Saddler, Little Blue Elementary
- Emileigh Hernan, Norfleet Elementary
- Kelsey Smith, Raytown Central Middle School
- Katie Green, Raytown High School
- Jennifer Daleo, Raytown Middle School
- Jamie Foutz, Raytown South High School
- Mariah Gibson, Raytown South Middle School
- Vanessa Holloway, Raytown Success Academy
- Allie Cook, Robinson Elementary
- Samantha Reames, Southwood Elementary
- Lisa Kirk, Spring Valley Elementary
- Abby Mercer, Westridge Elementary
2022-23 Building SSEOY
- Evelyn Velasquez, Admin/RSECC/Wellness
- Kim Young, Blue Ridge Elementary
- Diana Scarcello, Eastwood Elementary
- Michael Burkey, Facility Operations
- Karen Mahabir, Fleetridge Elementary
- Sierra Sanders, Laurel Hills Elementary
- Jennifer Missey, Little Blue Elementary
- Kathy Bartelli, New Trails
- Lisa Peterson, Northwood Elementary
- Anna McIntyre, Norfleet Elementary
- Amy Guinn, Raytown Central Middle School
- Wendy DiGirolamo, Raytown High School
- Jeffrey Spotwood, Raytown Middle School
- Karen Clevenger, Raytown South Middle School
- Guyden Bagsby, Raytown South High School
- Nicole Heggie, Robinson Elementary
- Roberta Scott, Southwood Elementary
- Veronica Bell, Spring Valley Elementary
- Matt Blaine, Technology
- Jennifer Gutierrez, Three Trails
- Jeff Shupe, Transportation
- Lindsay Hardiman, Westridge Elementary