Waiver/ Foster Families
All foster placements will need to contact the District Foster Liaison, Michele Eagle at 816.268.7031 to initiate the enrollment process. Pursuant to ESSA (Every Student Succeed Acts) every time a student's foster placement changes a Best Interest Determination is required to ensure enrollment in the Raytown School District is the most appropriate placement at the time. This determination must be made prior to the foster placement provider contacting the residency office for enrollment.
Documents requested from Waiver/Foster Family:
All waiver enrollments will need to make an appointment to complete the waiver affidavit in person at the enrollment center. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Driver’s License
- Mortgage or Lease agreement
- A current gas or electric bill 30 days old or less – electric bill preferred (no shut off notices or water/sewer bills will be accepted). If utilities included in Lease or no utilities are in lessee’s name, please provide two additional proof of documents:
- Car payment information / Car Insurance Paper
- Court/ State/ Gov’t Docs
- Life Insurance
- Student Loan Information
- Pay Check/Pay Stub
- Unemployment Verification
- Student’s Proof of Birth
- Student’s Immunization
- Placement Paperwork
Placement paperwork is court-stamped documentation placing the student in the care and custody of the waiver family. The court document must have a court docket number in order to be valid. Power of Attorney is NOT ACCEPTED.
- DFS/DMH/Court documentation
- Court Placement/Group Home Documentation
- Notarized 2020-2021 Waiver – only available during enrollment appointment.