Welcome New and Current Substitutes
How To Become a Substitute:
To become a substitute you will need to complete the online application. Certified substitutes are for substitute teaching and classified substitutes would be for all other substitute positions. Please click here and type substitute in the search bar to view all substitute openings and to begin the application process.
Fingerprints must be cleared before you will be considered for a substitute position. The processing fee for fingerprints is $41.75. If you have had your fingerprints taken for another District or DESE(Department of Elementary and Secondary Education) within the last year you will be reimbursed the cost after you have worked 5 days within the first month of employment. Please keep your receipt and bring with you to orientation.
You must pre-register online for fingerprinting through the State Highway Patrol’s Missouri Automated Criminal History Site (MACHS). The registration site is located at www.machs.mo.gov. You will be asked for a four-digit registration code in order to complete the online registration (see below) NOTE: the code below is district specific. Fingerprinting locations are listed on the MACHS website. Just click on the Search icon: Fingerprint Portal-Registration.
- Substitute Teacher code > 0941
- Classified Substitutes code > 0942
What Are The Requirements To Be A Substitute Teacher:
You must have either a current Missouri teaching certificate, OR have a current substitute certificate. To apply for a substitute certificate (you must have at least 60 college credit hours), please go to https://dese.mo.gov/. The substitute page on the DESE website will provide you the information needed to apply for a substitute certificate. You will be required to provide a copy of your certification or college transcripts and bring them to orientation.
What Are The Next Steps To Become Fully Hired As A Substitute:
Once your fingerprints have cleared here are the next steps that are required before you are fully hired as a substitute.
- A set of tasks (board policies, videos and other training) will be emailed to you. Please click on the link sent and complete the tasks.
- Once the tasks are completed, you will receive an email with a link to the substitute orientation presentation. Please review the presentation.
- As soon as you have completed the orientation presentation, you will be emailed an invitation to come into our office to meet with Millie Purtle, HR Coordinator and complete two forms; (DSS-Department of Social Services and I9-Homeland Security).
How much is a Substitute Paid:
- Substitute teachers are paid an hourly rate of $17.34 an hour and work 7.5 hours per day ($130.05) Long-term is $20.00 per hour ($150.00) per day.
- Classified substitutes pay rate click here.
What is a Long-Term Substitute:
A substitute is considered a long-term substitute after working 10 consecutive days for the same assignment. Starting with the eleventh (11)day; substitute pay is retroactive to the first day at the long-term sub rate. (NOTE: not all classified sub have a long-term rate of pay)
When Do Substitutes Get Paid:
Where Can I Find My Pay Stub:
All substitutes will be paid by Direct Deposit. To view your pay stub click here. Your user name is your personal email and your password is your employee ID number. Note:(The first time you log in you will be asked to change your password).
Substitute Handbook, click here.
Academic Calendar, click here.
Mobile App Guide, click here.
If you have questions please contact Millie Purtle, HR Coordinator at email@example.com OR call 816-268-7067