State Safety Rules and Regulations
Excerpts from Missouri Pupil Transportation Laws, Regulations, and Standards, State Dept. of Education
- Driver is in charge of the pupils and the bus. Pupils must obey the driver promptly and cheerfully.
- Pupils must be on time; the bus cannot wait beyond its regular schedule for those who are tardy.
- Pupils should never stand in roadway while waiting for the bus.
- Unnecessary conversation with the driver is prohibited.
- Classroom conduct is to be observed by pupils while riding in the bus.
- The use of tobacco is not permitted in bus.
- Pupils must not throw waste paper or other rubbish on the floor of the bus.
- Pupils must not try to get on or off the bus, or move about within the bus, while it is in motion.
- Pupils must observe directions of the driver when leaving bus.
- No animals shall be permitted on school buses. (Any kind, dead or alive.)
- No weapon of any sort shall be permitted on the school buses.
- Obey bus driver at all times.
- Stand back at the bus stop until the driver opens the door.
- Drivers have the authority to assign or arrange seating.
- Students are to board and get off bus at their assigned stops daily.
- Parent note and office approval must be obtained to ride a bus other than your own.
- Load at least three in a seat; four, if necessary, in elementary.
- No food or beverage consumed on bus.
- Stay seated. Face front of bus. Remain seated until bus completely stops.
- Do not throw any object on the bus.
- Keep all parts of body inside the bus.
- Talk only to those in the seat with you.
- Loud, distracting or disturbing talk and noise are not permitted.
- No animals or insects are permitted on the bus.
- No skateboards are permitted on the bus.
Kevin Easley, Director
Jeremy Blunt, Assistant Director of Transportation
Paula Jones, Payroll Secretary
Jan Claussen, Dispatcher/Router
Jeff Shupe, Dispatcher/Router
Vida Hill, Finance Secretary
Contact Number- (816) 268-7170
Fax Number - (816) 356-3087