Dr. Andrea Mixon, Director
Raytown Quality Schools' state-assisted Challenge program is designed to meet the needs of academically gifted children in kindergarten through sixth grade.
Elementary Program (K-5)
The elementary program consists of three components:
- Weekly pull out component in which the children travel to the Challenge Center one day a week to work with other gifted children and the Challenge teachers.
- Reach-out component in which Challenge teachers work with gifted students and classroom teachers in regular schools.
- Resource component in which the Challenge teachers provide support, training, and materials to classroom teachers.
Elementary Challenge Teachers are Jennifer Blank, Megan Finlay, Lauren Schroer.
Contact Phone: 816-268-7292
Contact email: email@example.com
Middle School Program (6th grade)
Students enrolled in the middle school program:
- Attend a regular Challenge class in their school to work with other gifted children.
- Challenge teachers work with students one class period daily.
- These students receive a letter grade for their work in Challenge class.
Middle School Challenge Teachers:
Susan Miles firstname.lastname@example.org - Central Middle School
Jenna Adkins email@example.com - Raytown Middle School and Raytown South Middle School
Advanced courses are available for 7th and 8th-grade students who qualify.