RQS Learning Update
On Monday, January, 11 the Raytown Board of Education voted for a partial return to in-person learning beginning, Wednesday, January 20, 2021. Based on the Board’s decision, the following is set to occur:
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021 is scheduled to be a professional workday for all staff, no school; however, staff can work in-person or virtually on this date.
- Starting Wednesday, January 20, 2021, Three Trails and Elementary students are scheduled to return to in-person instruction (for those who selected in-person instruction) Monday-Friday on a normal schedule.
- Starting Thursday, January 21, 2021, Herndon Career Center B day students are scheduled to return at their normal times: 7:40-10:10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. - 2:10 p.m. Herndon Career Center will continue on a 50% schedule with students coming twice a week. A day students will return on Monday, January 25.
- Starting January 20, 2021, RSA elementary students are scheduled to return to in-person instruction (for those who selected in-person instruction) Monday-Friday on their normal schedule: 7:10 a.m. - 2:10 p.m.
- Starting January 20, 2021, New Trails, Northwood, middle school and high school students in self-contained programs are scheduled to return to in-person instruction (for those who selected in-person instruction) Monday-Thursday. Fridays will continue to be virtual learning.
- Secondary students (middle and high school) will remain in virtual learning until after Spring Break - Monday, April 5, 2021.
Additionally, the Board voted on changes to the 2020-2021 calendar.
- January 18: no school, District offices closed, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- January 19: no school, staff workday
- February 11: no school, staff workday
- February 12: no school, District offices closed
- February 15: no school, District offices closed, Presidents’ Day
- March 22-25: Parent-Teacher Conferences
- March 25: no school
- March 26: no school, District offices closed
- March 29-April 2: no school, Spring Break
- May 26: early dismissal 9-12
- May 27: projected last day of school PK-12 – early dismissal
The Board will continuously reevaluate this decision at their monthly meetings. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to provide a safe and productive environment for our staff, students and families.