- RAYTOWN QUALITY SCHOOLS
Fall 2020 Learning Information
Based on recommendations from local health authorities, the Board of Education (BOE) voted unanimously to move the first day of school PK-12 to Tuesday, September 8, 2020. At their August 10, 2020 meeting, the BOE voted that upon this start date and for the first quarter of the school year, all grade levels will be Virtual Learning only (no exceptions). We will be all virtual until at least October 22, 2020.
During enrollment, families still have the opportunity to choose between In-Person School and Virtual Learning, both offered by the Raytown Schools. We recognize the changes that have occurred over the past few weeks may affect which learning option would be best for our families.
- Families who have already enrolled now have until Sunday, August 16 at 6:30 p.m. to modify their enrollment.
- Modification options include the choice between Raytown’s In-Person School and Virtual Learning as well as changes in transportation needs. This form can be accessed through your SISK12 parent portal. For instructions on how to access the form, please view our instructional video at https://youtu.be/W7olmEYCE6g. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
- After August 16, families who select In-Person School would remain virtual until the first possible in-person start date.
- After August 16, families who select Virtual Learning will remain virtual for at least one semester (second semester begins after winter break).
- The majority of our Virtual Learning classes will be taught by Raytown School District Teachers from Raytown School District curriculum. The use of Launch or FuelEd classes to supplement Raytown Schools classes and curriculum will be determined on a case by case basis. This means that for some students, class selection may be limited to those taught by our virtual teachers. Individual schools will reach out to virtual learners to enroll them in virtual classes. This process will look different from our In-Person School scheduling. If you have any questions about virtual classes, please contact your student’s school counselor.
- You can find more information about Virtual Learning and coursework options at https://bit.ly/3i4O6S7.
- Additionally, after August 16, transportation changes will not be able to occur until two weeks after the start of In-Person School. This is our normal procedure to allow drivers and staff to learn bus routes to improved efficiency.
You can find more information about learning opportunities for fall 2020, including an updated draft of the RQS Reopening Reference guide at https://bit.ly/32GnvWI.
As you further consider your options for the fall, we encourage you to read through the District’s draft reopening plan for the 2020-2021 school year and provide constructive feedback, questions, and concerns. Stakeholder feedback is a vital part of this process and the District greatly encourages and appreciates your participation.