- RAYTOWN QUALITY SCHOOLS
Fall 2020 Learning Information (Update)
On Monday, October 19 the Board of Education voted for middle and high school students to remain virtual for the rest of the semester. As a result of this vote:
- Preschool and Elementary will return to in person instruction (for those who select in person instruction) every day on a normal schedule starting October 26th.
- Herndon will return at their normal times: 7:40-10:10 and 11:30-2:10 on a 50% schedule on October 26th with students coming twice a week.
- Secondary (middle and high school) will remain virtual for the rest of first semester. First semester ends January 15, 2021.
- RSA elementary will return to in person instruction (for those who select in person instruction) every day starting October 26th on their normal schedule: 7:10-2:10. RSA secondary students will remain virtual for the rest of the semester. First semester ends January 15, 2021.
During enrollment, families had the opportunity to choose between In-Person School and Virtual Learning, both offered by the Raytown School District using Raytown teachers. Secondary families who have already enrolled now have until November 1, 2020 to modify their enrollment.
- Modification options include the choice between Raytown’s In-Person School and Virtual Learning as well as changes in transportation needs. This form can be accessed through your SISK12 parent portal. For instructions on how to access the form, please view our instructional video at https://youtu.be/W7olmEYCE6g. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details for Secondary Parents
- Families who select Virtual Learning will remain virtual for the entire second semester (the remainder of the school year). This will allow us to properly schedule all teachers and students. We are currently creating schedules for the second semester that will accommodate both virtual and in person class options for secondary students.
- The majority of our Virtual Learning classes will be taught by Raytown School District Teachers from Raytown School District curriculum. The use of FuelEd classes to supplement Raytown Schools classes and curriculum will be determined on a case by case basis. This means that for some secondary students, class selection may be limited to those taught by our virtual teachers. Individual schools will reach out to virtual learners to enroll them in virtual classes. This process will look different from our In-Person School scheduling. If you have any questions about virtual classes, please contact your student’s school counselor.
- You can find more information about Virtual Learning and coursework options at https://bit.ly/3i4O6S7.
You can find more information about learning opportunities for Fall 2020, including an updated draft of the RQS Reopening Reference guide at https://bit.ly/32GnvWI.
As you further consider your options for the rest of the year, we encourage you to read through the District’s reopening plan for the 2020-2021 school year and provide constructive feedback, questions, and concerns. Stakeholder feedback is a vital part of this process and the District greatly encourages and appreciates your participation.